Tuesday, October 8, 2013

This Little Light of Mine

It has been almost a month since my last post. For those who read regularly I apologize! Allow me to give you a quick run down of my life in the past three weeks.

Lauren, my cousin, and Jonah tied the knot! It was a pleasure to stand by her side and watch as they began their new life together. A beautiful wedding was not put on hold for one moment, despite the rain, the sunflowers were bright and smiles were on every face, although the mamas shed some tears. It was a lovely day in a vineyard as two became one. I wish them nothing but wedded bliss. So thankful I got to witness true love be joined together in the love of Christ.

Later after the wedding I had a BIG decision to make. I decided to withdraw, temporarily, from nursing school. I will graduate a year later than I had planned. But it has been nice to take some time off and enjoy what seems to be passing me by quickly. I got to spend a couple days at the beach. Which was nice. I love it there. It really gives me some 'Me and God' time. To sit by the water and hear the ocean, think about how amazing God is to have created the scenery painted before me as I stare out into the water and rub my toes in the sand. Absolutely breathtaking.

I've been thinking here lately. About my walk with Christ. Although I sometimes feel that I have found my place in the will of God, sometimes my plans seem to be the least of God's worries. I heard the other day that I need to not worry about it, just do it. Let God handle the rest. That's what I need to do. Sometimes when I sit and read my Bible I don't often feel that God let the book fall open to a certain place and just pointed out what I need to see, but the other night while flipping from page to page, I began to read about being the light of the world. Then I started researching the subject. This is what I found.


  • Jesus came AS a light. "Those that believe in Him shall not abide in darkness." Believe in the one who sent Him, the Father fave Him commands about what to say, what to do. Read John 12:44-50 for further explanation. 
  • The Father's command is EVERLASTING LIFE. 
  • Mark 4:22 says, "For nothing hidden which will not be revealed nor has anything been kept secret but it should come to light."
  • Ephesians 5:8 "Once in darkness but now you ARE light the Lord." 13) "All things that are exposed are made manifest by the light."
  • John 8:12 Jesus says,"I am the LIGHT of the world. He who follows me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."
  • Matthew 5:13-16 "You are the salt of the earth, but if salt loses its saltiness how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket. Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in Heaven."
  • Luke 11:35 "Take heed that the light which is in you is NOT darkness"
I plan to let my little light shine as the song says. Will you agree with me? 

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you completely!!!.....and I admire you for listening to your heart....even if that means postponing your nursing school. Don't worry....you've got plenty of time! God sees the big picture and HE knows how to work everything out for our good :) Love you and hope you feel better real soon :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! See you soon!! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete