Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Stuck at a CROSSroads

Hello everyone! I realize that it has been over a month since my last post. I deeply apologize. Although I have a lot of spare time-since I'm not in school-I rarely find time to post about my life. I created this blog as an outlet, so to speak. A way for me to share my thoughts and insight with the world via the intranet.

Here lately I have spent time thinking about what I am thankful for. I am taking part of the "thankful November" that always seems to take up my news feed this time of year on Facebook. This year, I decided to jump on the bandwagon. So far I have made it to day 13. Although I have missed some days, and post multiple status' it's nice to reflect on the blessings that the Lord has given me. Just to name a few, I am thankful for my salvation, my mom, my grandparents, my brother and his wife, my best friend, my home, etc. The list goes on and on, and the past few nights I have found myself laying in bed thinking about what my next thankful status would contain. Although I haven't posted a status today, I have recently really been dwelling on the idea of the cross.

We all know the story, well most of us. That God sent His only son, to die for our sins. He was born, swaddled in a manger, and grew up, showed the world all His miracles, died on a cross, rose again, and ascended. That's the short version. As you can tell I did paraphrase a bit. Let me break it down for you real quick. My favorite time of year is approaching, very quickly I might add. As all the leaves fill my yard I can hardly contain my excitement. I LOVE Christmas time. It's my absolute favorite. I love every part about it. The lights, the trees, the shopping, the music, the nativity scenes, everything. So with that comes a lot of thinking. Why do I love it so much? Here's what I came up with.
Christmas tells about the GREATEST love story ever. How God loved us so much he sent His ONLY son to die in my place.

See the manger scene is only the beginning of such a story. The wooden manger leads to the Old Rugged Cross. That's what makes it even better. The thought of the cross.

The Cross is a symbol. To me it shows the pain and the suffering that Jesus took for ME. It also shows me a sign of hope, a place for refuge. When it comes to the cross, we have two choices what we do. What we do depends on the situation we're facing, the road we travel, sometimes what decisions we have to make-the tough ones, when were stuck at a crossroads in life. We can either hide behind the cross, and allow the Lord to protect us, guide us, lead us, put us in His will. Or we can stand in front of it, defend it, fight for it, maybe even be crucified for what we believe, what we want, what we do. The cross justifies, and it defines. The beauty of it all is that it started in a manger.

"Lord, take me-something small-like the manger, and make me something great-like the cross. Hide me when needed, and grant me wisdom to know when to stand in front of the cross. I am willing to protect the cross as it protects me. Define me within the cross, as You continue to define me."

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post, Lesley!!! Made me really stop and think! I think about you every day and wonder how you are :) Love you....take care :)

    ReplyDelete