Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Birthdays, Birthdays, Birthdays

This past week has been full of birthdays. I am going to hit the high points of this past week, since my last post.

July 4th: America's birthday!! I am so proud to be an American. I love this country. I am thankful for the men and women who have sacrificed so much so that I can live in freedom everyday. So to all the veterans, those serving now, and those who sign the dotted line to put your lives on the line for us, thank you! The fourth of July is interesting around my neck of the woods. Where I live, we have a parade every year. In my small down right in front of the elementary school. This year marked the 53rd parade. What a tradition it is to come listen to all types of music, mostly bluegrass, see everyone you know, and stand in the heat while you watch all the fire trucks and tractors pass by. My family does concessions every year, so my day consisted of cotton candy and shaved ice, and then a hurricane. A downpour ended our day of sales. Which to me, was not a disappointment. I love my family but I can only stand so much of unorganized, crazy busy business days with them. I concluded my Independence day by watching fireworks in town with my best friend and her crazy family, then riding home down the boulevard in the back of her dad's pickup truck, it's been awhile since I was brave enough to do something like that. Despite my young age, it took me back to Hannah and myself's crazy memories from high school. That girl is for sure my "ride or die" we've been through a lot together, but she's always there for me. We have had some fun times together and I can't wait to see what the future holds for our friendship.

I worked the weekend, and luckily got to go to church on Sunday for the first time in quiet a while.

Yesterday, July 8th, was my sweet pawpaw's birthday. Let me tell you about him. He has been like my father. I love that man more than anyone on the planet. He has been there for me and I have no idea who I would be without him. He has helped mold me into the woman I am today and teach me things about life that I couldn't learn elsewhere. God broke the mold when He made him, for sure.

Today, school was full of teaching projects, most of which were hilarious. With the OB/PEDS semester you can imagine what took place. I'll let you figure that one out :) My group taught swaddling, and our pigs in a blanket were a success for sure, but then again, free food is always a hit.

Anyway, as you can tell my week has been jampacked and still full of excitement. Have a good week!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! You blogged....I have been patiently waiting :) Hope you are doing well and as always this is a wonderful post !!! Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to know you're still reading!!

    ReplyDelete