Tuesday, July 2, 2013

FINALLY!!

I worked ALL weekend. Today was my last clinical day of the summer semester. Goodness. As much as I love holding babies, swaddling them, and hoping they don't spit up on me I am glad that I am now free on Tuesdays. Temporarily that is. My classmates are somewhat shocked that I have a blog. Although they can't see the expressive, serious side of me often, I hope they sit down and read it. Let me tell you about them, Stacy is the most southern fun loving girl with a humble heart and a killer accent. Shannon, goodness I just love her, we share that same sarcastic sense of humor that few understand, I am glad to have someone that understands me. Daniel, the only guy, is a Newwww Yorrrrkkkker, with a thick Italian background and a love for mozzarella cheese. Allison, is funny, and super smart, and laughs at everything. Chanda, is so hilarious, I love when she's around. Lindsey is funny and apparently brave since she wants to be a psych nurse. Laura is a sweet lady with her babies at home and her love for the babies in the nursery. I think I got everyone? I love those people! I am very lucky that I have become close with some of the best soon to be nurses there is.

Today I spent my last clinical day in the special care nursery. I sat and held a baby for at least an hour and a half. It was immediate the love I had for a child that I had never met before. It's amazing what a little person can do to your heart strings. Sadly, I had to put the child back in the bassinet and walk away. That's what I like right now. Being able to give children back. I certainly want a child someday, but no time soon. I hope that I can be as good a mother that my mom was and is to me. I have really been thinking lately about how much I love my family. Blood is thicker than water, I have heard it all my life. However, sometimes your own blood won't have your back. I am grateful today, for my sweet and beautiful mother, my protective responsible OLDER brother, my witty grandfather, my humble grandmother, my lime-green loving sister in law, my simple life cousin, my preacher uncle, my fun loving nephew, and many others that fill up my continuously growing, crazy, family tree. I am also grateful for my friends, my best friend, who loves every minute of life and lives it to the fullest, my friend who speaks her mind without any reservations, my friend who you sometimes can't read, because even if she doesn't like it she'll do it anyway. My best friend who despite her sailor mouth, speaks the kindest words when needed. They have become my blood. I grew up knowing that it didn't matter who was around the table at supper time they were family, it didn't matter if they needed a place to stay the door was always open.

Anyways, I have been falling behind on my blogging, and for those that enjoy reading it I apologize, and those that don't I'm sorry you don't have good taste haha, just kidding.

For now, I am going to spend some time with my best friend, having a girls night in. Need some girl time to talk and laugh, share secrets and indulge in ice cream. Happy Tuesday!!

Food for thought: Were there bats on the Ark?

1 comment:

  1. Love everything about this post....girl, you really have a way with words! Take care :) (hugs)

    ReplyDelete