Saturday, July 13, 2013

Carolina Friday Nights

I really enjoy summertime. Despite the insane heat we sometimes get around here, and the excessive amount of rain we have received this year, it's fun to let loose and enjoy time with friends. Although I have had to endure a semester of nursing school this summer, and seem to work all the time, I have managed to find ways to "let my hair down" and change out of my brown or black scrubs that I seem to have to wash three times a week.

Usually I spend time with my best friend who lives about ten minutes away, or I spend some quality time, learning and listening, with my grandparents, or I spend a day doing whatever I please. Luckily, I got the opportunity to see Luke Bryan in concert last night. It was a blast!! I saw him last year when he played with Jason Aldean, but I was so happy to get to go again. Country music is big where I come from, and you can tell that it was a hit due to the sold out concert and the packed amphitheater, last night underneath the clear sky that was illuminated by the stage lights.  I went with one of my best friends from high school and then met up with a couple of guys who are like my little brothers. It was great. I love concerts, especially in the summer time. Thank goodness we got to enjoy it without a drop of rain! After 19 days in a row of rain around here, that was a relief. However, we had lawn seats, which are fine, but maybe not so much when you stand the ENTIRE time, with wedge shoes on. Needless to say, today my back hurts, my feet hurt, my head hurts, and I am exhausted. Staying up until 4 am will do that to ya. It's Carolina nights like last night that I live for at my age. Despite the smell of alcohol, cigarette smoke, and other substances at the concert last night and every other drunk person running into you, it makes the $25 ticket worth while. I'm so happy to call myself a person who was born and raised enjoying Friday nights in the Carolina's. It can all be summarized into just a short couple sentences. Where I'm from, it's about Jesus, family, friends who are family, country music, Chevrolet's, and the Tar heels.

Here's some pictures from last night

 My big little brothers
 On our way!
So much fun!!

Find something that you enough as much as I love my Carolina Friday nights!
Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment