Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Crickets and Curtains

I hardly ever get a chance to blog two days in a row. I'm so excited!! Today I spent time with one of my very best friends shopping, talking about our problems, confiding in one another, and then of course talking about her upcoming wedding. We talked about the decorations that I wanted to put in my house. The curtains that I want desperately to make out of bed sheets. (I found the idea on Pinterest) I went to church tonight and the preacher called me out of the crowd to get up and sing. So throughout the day I have had some excitement between the clearance sales at the mall and the abrupt change in plans at church. When I came home around 8:00, I walked inside slowly, taking in all the sights up to the back door. The sun hadn't quite set yet, so I got to enjoy the semi-blue sky, freshly cut very green grass, and my puppies running around at my feet. Later when I went to lock the door and shuffle a dog from in to out, I closed the screen door and waited before shutting the back door. I waited, I listened. I heard crickets by the tons. I was amazed at the song that God created right outside my back door. It was awesome to stand and listen. As I set here and type word by word, I can hear those crickets, over the TV, over my fingers quickly taping away, and over my mother practicing her Dobro.

When I stop and think about all of God's creation, it absolutely blows my mind. That he didn't just create one bird to fly. He created tons, all different shapes, sizes, colors. All the different types of trees, flowers, bugs, animals, and people. He took the time to create each and every one. AMAZING.

Sometimes, we think about who we want to be, and who we think we should become, and we don't yield or think about the person that God has commanded us to become.

So I ask you to make full use of the gift that God gave you when I placed my hands on you, use it well. God’s Spirit doesn't make cowards out of us. The Spirit gives us power, love, and self-control.Don’t be ashamed to speak for our Lord. And don’t be ashamed of me, just because I am in jail for serving him. Use the power that comes from God and join with me in suffering for telling the good news. God saved us and chose us to be his holy people. We did nothing to deserve this, but God planned it because he is so kind. Even before time began. God planned for Christ Jesus  to show kindness to us. Now Christ Jesus has come to show us the kindness of God. Christ our Savior defeated death and brought us the good news. It shines like a light and offers life that never ends.11 My work is to be a preacher, an apostle, and a teacher.12 That’s why I am suffering now. But I am not ashamed! I know the one I have faith in, and I am sure that he can guard until the last day what he has trusted me with.13 Now follow the example of the correct teaching I gave you, and let the faith and love of Christ Jesus be your model. 14 You have been trusted with a wonderful treasure. Guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit, who lives within you.-2 Timothy 1:6-14

1 comment:

  1. Love all of your creative ideas....and would have loved to hear you sing :)) Love ya!! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete